1) This is a fantastic free tool!! We have free access to Pronunciator through the South Dakota State Library. Pronunciator will help staff/students learn over 80 different languages. There are also 50 English as a Second Language (ESL) courses. Pronunciator includes oral phrases, flashcards, learning guides, and live online instruction. I love that it gives you side by side language comparisons & will read the text to you!
You can instantly access it at school.
At home students/staff can use this login for the library.sd.gov website (this cannot be publicly posted though!):
School barcode/username: 21583004528923
School password: DELL
Once you're logged into http://library.sd.gov/, click "Electronic Resources", click "A-Z Complete Listing", then click Pronunciator.
Sign up for an account and start learning! There is also a mobile version!
2) Alissa Adams (School Library Technology Coordinator for the South Dakota State Library) has a Padlet of resources she put together for a diversity and inclusion session she did: https://padlet.com/alissa76adams/ka2p1babrnfw. It has resources for ELL/ESL on it.
3) We have a very small supply of Spanish edition books in our school library:
(Elementary offers novels as well)
MS/HS Current novels - Spanish edition:
The Great Gatsby
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Hunger Games #1
Harry Potter #1
Harry Potter Screenplay
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
4) If you have a Spanish edition book recommendation, I'd love to hear it!!!
5) Our district has access to https://www.bookshare.org/cms/bookshare-me/schools which gives free access to online books (both english and spanish editions) to students who qualify. Qualifying students would have one of the following: visual disability/ learning disability/ physical disability/ IEP/ 504 Qualified. Contact me for more info or see previous email.
6) If you want to share other resources, I'd be happy to list them on the school library website under ESL/ELL, which is under my name on the MS staff page.