Information and Technology
|The Dell Rapids IT Department manages over 1500 teacher and student devices throughout the school district. Our mission is to make sure our teachers and staff have the technology hardware and software they need to present the best educational learning experience for our students.|
Staff and students need to be ready for technology in the classroom. Here are the steps you can follow to make sure you are ready for this years district technology. Go to FamilyID.com and complete the online registration and make sure to ready the District's Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
- Complete the Acceptable Use Policy found in the School Registration Program on FamilyID.
- Decide if you would like to sign up for student device insurance offered by the district.
- If you plan on taking your device home, be sure to fill out the home use agreement found in the School Registration Program on FamilyID..
- If you plan to use your own computer at school, make sure to fill out the Mobile Device Registration form found in the School Registration Program on FamilyID. .
- Report any technology issue(s) to the district tech office.
New Tech for this year.
As we start the new school year staff and students will find many changes in district technology. The most notable, this year are the changes to the printing and copying hardware. We have removed over 40 small printers from around the district and implemented and new centralized printing system. This allowed us to place a 15 printer/copier machines in strategic locations. Allowing us to save money on toner and while keeping the availability of print functionality for all students and staff. We also continue our Chromebook rotation to provide new Chromebooks to student every four years. So if your student is in grades 3rd, 5th or 9th they most likely received a new Chromebook. Teacher display units also continue to be renewed throughout the district. Every year we strive to refresh eight to 10 teacher classroom display units. These units can either be projectors, Promethean panels, or large interactive display boards. District networking infrastructure was also updated with the addition of new Meraki switches at the elementary school.
The Dell Rapids School District values Technology in education and continues to strive to make sure every student and staff member has the technology tools needed to promote educational success.