||The Dell Rapids IT Department manages over 1500 teacher and student devices throughout the school district. Our mission is to make sure our teachers and staff have the technology tools they need to present the best educational learning experience for our students.
Technology Readiness in 2020
Staff and students need to be ready for technology in 2020-2021. Here are the steps you can follow to make sure you are ready for district technology. Go to FamilyID.com and complete the online registration to compete the forms for Acceptable Use Policy.
- Complete the Acceptable Use Policy found in the School Registration Program on FamilyID.
- Decide if you would like to sign up for student device insurance offered by the district.
- If you plan on taking your device home, be sure to fill out the home use agreement found in the School Registration Program on FamilyID..
- If you plan to use your own computer at school, make sure to fill out the Mobile Device Registration form found in the School Registration Program on FamilyID. .
- Report any technology issue(s) to the district tech office.
New Tech for 2020-2021?
As we start the 2020-2021 school year staff and students will find many changes in district technology. The most notable, teaching staff will be trading in their desktop computers for laptop computers. The 3rd grade teachers will be receiving new active panels in their classrooms, and two new carts of Chromebooks will find their way into the middle school. The district will also be making a significant change to is networking infrastructure by replacing most of its older switch technology with new brocade/ruckus switches.